This has taken me for forever to post. I don't know why. Maybe because I love them so much words don't do them justice. Or, maybe its the fact that they will be leaving soon for 2 years and posting this will make it a reality that I'm not sure I want to face.
Well, whatever my reasoning......here it goes!
Grandpa and Nana Judy came to our house for a visit a few months ago. It was one of many stops. Trying to see all the most important people in their lives before they embark on a 2 year experience that they will never forget. We will be sad, we will cry, we will talk about them often, and we will be happy.
Molly and Grandpa reading stories.
My dad has a very tender place in my heart. I get a little lump in my throat just typing that. We've been through a lot together.
I love this picture. It's one of those moments in life where you sit back and think, "I have a pretty great life!"
I hope Elley will look back on these pictures and remember this night. I hope she remembers how much fun she had with her grandpa, and how much he really truly loves her. They've had a pretty special bond from day one.
Another picture, another moment in life when everything is right in the world! I love my dad as my dad, but even more so as Elley and Molly's Grandpa.
Grandpa's hand is always near to teach my girls the most important things in life......not about cookies, how to put them on the cookies sheet, or how to carry them to the oven, but about families.....how to love, teach, and care for one another. I'm so thankful that my family is a forever family!
I love this picture. It's one of those moments in life where you sit back and think, "I have a pretty great life!"
I hope Elley will look back on these pictures and remember this night. I hope she remembers how much fun she had with her grandpa, and how much he really truly loves her. They've had a pretty special bond from day one.
Grandpa's hand is always near to teach my girls the most important things in life......not about cookies, how to put them on the cookies sheet, or how to carry them to the oven, but about families.....how to love, teach, and care for one another. I'm so thankful that my family is a forever family! 
3 comments:
you have such a great way with words. i had to fight back the tears. do they know where they are going? i'm guessing a mission. that must be hard and good all at the same time. good luck to them...and you while they are away:)
I cried when I read this! I love your dad too! I wish him and his wife the best as they embark on their mission! I love you Keely! Lots of hugs your way!
Mission? RAD! Your Dad is the bomb. :)
Post a Comment