Friday, February 18, 2011

Today.

Many of you that read this blog know that I watch extra kids during the week. I have for the past 3 years. It's hard, and I ask myself why I do it. I've cut back on hours, I've changed kids and still I find myself asking, "Why?"
Today is Friday. I didn't have any extra kids, I didn't have any plans. Nothing was keeping us from doing whatever we wanted to do!

We played ALL day! We slept in. We watched cartoons. We went swimming for 2 1/2 hours. We played games. We went for a walk. We played more games. Molly did my makeup. Elley did my nails.
As I was making dinner I stopped for a second and watched my girls play on the floor. I almost started crying because of how happy I felt. I had the BEST day with 2 of the funnest, sweetest, cutest girls in the world.
I'm not saying that if I didn't babysit extra kids that everyday would be like this. I'm just saying that I'm grateful for days like today.
3 more months and then I will pass the torch. It will be just me and my girls.....all 3 of them!!!

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Simply lovely. Love days like this!

Rebecca said...

Hooray! I am looking forward to it for you!

5dollarFanatic said...

I am so glad you had such a fun filled and memorable day with you darling girls!! Cannot wait to see just how adorable the next one is!!