I should be doing laundry!!! My daughter is sleeping and the house is quite....this is a perfect time to get some things done that I need to. I just need to get a few things off my back. Maternity clothes, really? Does anyone else feel the need to vent when it comes to these awful clothes? I think I've stained every maternity shirt I own. All the other maternity shirts I own are for the winter and that isn't coming fast enough. I am having a hard time keeping my pants up and can't seem to spend the money on some more pants that I'm only going to wear for 2 more months. And if I did buy some new pants I would probably wear them everyday for the next 2 months and wear them out, leaving me with no comfortable maternity pants for the next time! What am I to do? 2 more months....can I last that long?
And, one other thing before I get on with the day. My doctor gave me a sheet of paper last week titled "fetal kick count." Every day, now until the baby is here, I need to take a hour, count the number of kicks up to ten, then record it on this sheet of paper. If I don't get ten kicks in that hour I need to do it again for another hour. If in those two hours I don't get ten kicks, I need to go to the hospital and get monitored. Not to mention, I have to take this sheet to every doctor appointment from now on. Does this seem a little extreme to anyone else? I told my doctor that I thought this was a little extreme, I barely remember to take my prenatal vitamins, how am I going to remember to do a fetal kick count and record it? I'm going to try my hardest to do it....wish me luck!!!!
8 comments:
Sorry I'm momma long legs or I could help you out more. Clothes in general are lame. If it was socially acceptable I'd probably go nakie. :) Speaking of clothes, I just went through all the girl clothes you sent home with me...Thank you soooo much! Eve is going to be so cute!
I think you should take Melinda's advice and just go in your birthday suit! As for the fetal kick monitoring--- I think that you should do it 3 to 4 times a day. That's what I did- just to be on the safe side. Jordan
I am having the same maternity clothes woes. My seasons are off and I'm a bit smaller (no complaints there), so most of my clothes are too large, but it's hard to justify buying more. I did buy three pairs of capris and a few tops to get me through the summer. Those pants will be worn out! As for the fetal kick count, that sounds extreme to me. Ella hardly kicked at all and this guy kicks like crazy. Neither one of my docs has mentioned this to me.
I remember feeling the exact same way. Ugh! Hate that! but if you have any extra money you should get yourself something becuase you will use it again & you are such a bargin shopper that you won't spend much. Me having my last baby was really hard to justify buying anything, I just had to think, maybe keely could use it.
I'm sorry about the fetal kick thing. None of my doctors ever made me keep track, it's not like you are high risk. Good for you for trying though, if it was me I wouldn't do it.
Leah
I hate maternity clothes too! Since I teach and was pregnant for two years in a row I had to wear nice clothes as well. I hate spending money on them. I can't wait until the next time when I can lounge around more! I also think that counting is really extreme! Are you high risk or something? I had to get NST testing every week, but nothing like that! When is your exact due date?
oh, i am so sorry! I totally agree!
All i have to say is check out Ebay. They usually have pretty decent deals or craigslist.
I would totally send you mine but I was pregnant the last trimester in the summer, so i have lots of summery capris, shorts, etc. Let me know if you want them anyway. (you would just have to send them back when you are done). I think most of them are old navy size L. Anyway, good luck!
PLUS, that fetal kick thing is WAY extreme to me. Unless you were having problems. If not, your doctor is a psycho. Pregnant people have no brains left as it is, how are you going to remember that?
love, kaitlyn
With all your complaints at least your not having to wear the ugly clothes your mom and I had to wear.
You are lucky there is at least some style to the clothes.
Have a great day.
Cathy May
I'll just say AMEN!!! Maternity clothes aren't that bad I guess. I did find the best cheap jeans...the ones with the "comfort belly" as they call them. So nothing digs into your belly...you can just let it all hang out :) I only have 1 pair and literally wear them everyday so I think its ok to do that...your prego, you have lots of excuses!!!! Good luck, were almost done....YAH!!
Post a Comment