We met daddy for dinner tonight after he got off work. After dinner we made an impromptu stop to Cabelas. Oh, the fun of seeing dead and stuffed deer, bear, and goats. The girls love it, daddy loves it, and so I must love it. There's more to Cabelas than just stuffed deer. The talking man is a big hit, the fish are always fun to see, and let's not forget about the candied almonds and the delicious fudge. That's pretty much why I say "okay, let's go." Daddy always buys mommy chocolate peanut butter fudge, YUM!
Since we met daddy at dinner we had 2 cars. As we were getting onto the freeway I heard Molly talking to Elley saying something about leaving the store, and there it goes.
Then Elley chimes in..."That's Cabelas smart ass!"
Oh My Gosh! Did my nearly 5 year old just call her 3 year old sister a smart ass? Focus on the road Keely, focus on the road. I'm so glad Adam isn't in the car at this point as I'm trying with everything I have to not burst out in laughter. I give myself a few minutes and finally gain composure enough to explain why we don't call anyone that name. She understood and hopefully we won't hear it again from Elley or Molly.
Oh, and just for the record...she didn't learn that one from either Adam or I. It's that time of year... the time you dust off those Christmas movies. If you haven't seen A Christmas Story, you're missing out. It puts you in the Christmas spirit and teaches your kids just a little bit of profanity. It's Molly and Elley's favorite Christmas movie, at least up until tonight. Looks like we'll have to find a new favorite Christmas movie... until the girls get a little older!
3 comments:
LOVE this story!!! That made me laugh out loud. And want to go watch "A Christmas Story," though maybe not in front of the kids...
This made my morning!!!! I was thinking about letting Cohen watch Christmas Story but I guess we will wait. P.S. I love all the blogging you've been doing lately since I'm a total slacker, and 30 looks good on you!!!!
So funny- It is good that you blog this so that you remember the funny moments you kids say things. I wish I were better...
Elly is so sweet in primary, she is just a gem! Can't wait to see how Molly does in a few weeks.
-Love the spit up photos too.. what a great big sister!
Post a Comment