Sunday, March 4, 2012

I'm About to Brag...


Elley is a smarty pants! A few mornings ago Elley said to me, 

"mom, I know how to write words."

"Okay little girl, you're only in preschool," is what I was thinking. But instead of saying that, I said, "you do? Well, why don't you show me big girl."

She then wrote the word MOM and told me what word it was.

Then I asked her to write DAD, HAT, RAT, PAT, and DOG. Carefully sounding out the letters she wrote all the words and then we read them.

Later on that night we got out Cat in the Hat and Hop on Pop. She was excited that she could read words out of those books.



It was a proud mom moment! I love that she is ready to learn and is excited about it. I love that she loves preschool and I'm excited for her to start kindergarten next year.

2 comments:

Jeannie said...

She IS a smarty! It's so fun when they start reading, isn't it?

Camey said...

Isn't that so fun! Spencer does this too. I love to see them learning! She looks SO happy too!