Sunday, February 17, 2013

Elley's Questions

On the way home from church today, Elley asked if they could watch a Jesus movie when they got home. Of course I agreed. She went on to ask if she could watch the one where Mary is pregnant with Jesus. I wasn't sure which exact one Elley was referring to, but whatever movie about Jesus she wants to watch is fine with me. And then the conversation turned to this...

Elley: Mom, how was Jesus born?

Me: What do you mean Elley?

I have to interject right here and explain that we've always just told the girls that when mommy's have their babies they go to the hospital and the doctor helps them get them out. And in my case, the doctor always told me what day I can have the baby then I meet him at the hospital and out comes the baby. She has always been satisfied with that answer and so we've never told her more.

Elley: Well mom, you always tell me you go to the hospital and the doctor helps you get the baby out. When Jesus was born there was no hospital, and no doctors.

Me: (getting kind of nervous) You're right Elley.

Elley: Then how did Mary get baby Jesus out? Who knew how to help her?

Me: Well, Joseph was there.

Elley: Joseph wasn't a doctor. (a little pause here while she thought about that for a moment) Maybe he just cut it out or something?

Me: Yeah, maybe. So, who's excited for lunch? Maybe we could even have some valentines candy after lunch.

Cheers from the back seat!!!!!

1 comment:

Camey said...

I am so nervous for that day!