
This weekend we went to the river a few times with Adam's brother Jay and his family. On Friday, the first day we went Adam and Jay were up stream floating down with the river. It's not very fast where we were at, but apparently enough to loose a wedding ring. After floating down Adam swam over to me to tell me the bad news.....his ring had slipped off and he had lost it. How sad....2 weeks before our 4 year wedding anniversary he looses his ring. I was sad for the sentimental aspect of the ring but the funny thing is we only paid $25 dollars for it on Ebay. (it's a titanium ring) That night when we came home Adam looked on Ebay at the same company and others, and we found the same exact ring, brand new for less. The moral of this story is don't go floating down a river wearing your wedding ring, and if you do, don't spent more than $25 dollars on it!!!!
6 comments:
oh wow! I'm so glad you guys found another one! But I agree with you on the sentimental part - that is sad!
-Amber
This brought back sad memories for me. Two weeks after we got married we were at a lake in California and Jason's ring slipped off never to be found again. Being newlyweds Jason felt horrible that he had lost his ring and so spent an hour or two diving to try and find it in the silt below! Here's the kicker we took forever to pick out his ring and when we did (we didn't know it at the time) it was going out of stock. On top of that it cost me $300!!! Yeah you were very smart to pay what you did, but I totally empathize with the sentimental value part. We tried to make a duplicate of the original but it looks really crapy compared to the original. This time we spent less than $100 so it would not be so bad if he lost this one. Glad you were able to find the same one for less! LUCKY!!
Did there happen to be any cute girls up around the riverbend? For some reason, whenever Mark "misplaces" his wedding ring there are always cute girls watching. Hmmm- just one of those weird coincidences, I guess. Love you guys- Jordan
25 bucks?! Sweet deal. I'm always worried that I'll lose my ring. Wait a minute...maybe if I did, it would mean a diamond upgrade. :) Just kidding
What a good deal on a wedding ring! I lost mine after we had been married about 6 months and it didn't resurface for about 5 months (it was in his brother's movie shelf or something weird like that).
Anyway, I do remember you coming to camp, but I only vaguely remember your friend, why?
You can email me too if you want! kaitlyn.holman@yahoo.com
Post a Comment