Wednesday, June 17, 2009

So Much To Catch Up On

We've been to the zoo, and we went on a trip to Aunt Kerilynn's house. Those will come in a few days. I just wanted to share a few things about Elley.

Little Miss Elley is so big. I love her and all of her energy. She keeps me on my toes and constantly makes me laugh with the things she comes up with. She is a jabber box! She starts talking the minute she wakes up until we turn her lights off at night. It's amazing the words she picks up on and how she puts them together. She has an incredible memory remembering things that happened weeks ago.

A few weeks ago, the TV was on while I was making Elley some breakfast. I forget what show was on but it happened to be President Obama talking. Elley looked at me and said, referring to the TV, "boy, mama?" I told her who he was, talking about this country that we live in and how he is our president. I also mentioned how grandpa didn't really like him saying, "Grandpa says no Obama." Well now, she talks all about President Obama. I'll ask her who the president of our country is and she will say, "Obama....grandpa no Obama.''

So having learned that, I thought I should teach her a more important President. I grabbed the conference Ensign with a big picture of our Prophet, President Monson. I showed her the picture and told her that this is our prophet and we sang Follow the Prophet. Now when you ask her who our prophet is she will say "President Monson" and then sing Follow the Prophet while marching around the house.

We went to visit my sister this past week and we made a quick stop at the distribution center. When we walked in there was a big shelf with RS/Priesthood manuals, you know, teachings from our prophets? Elley, immediately upon walking in, saw the shelf and yelled, "look mama, prophets."

Like I just mentioned, we just back from a trip visiting with my sister. We actually flew there which was so nice and the girls did so well. While we were waiting for our flight to leave, Elley met a new friend. His name was Trip but he informed us that he like to be called Tripper. He was about 3 years old and as cute as can be. He and Elley compared back packs, watched airplanes take off, and waited in line together. When we got on the plane we couldn't sit by him because we needed a row of 3 seats, which made them both sad. And that's the last of Tripper we saw. On the way home (5 days later) as the girls and I were walking through the airport, Elley looked up at me and said, "mama, where's Tripper?"

Anyway, just a few fun stories of my cute little girl.

3 comments:

Mindy said...

So cute! It's such a fun age. I wish she knew me, so I could teach her, "Mindy says, Yes, Obama!" ;0)

Amber Miyake said...

I love these stories! What a cute little girl! Isn't it amazing how much kids can remember, and how fast they can learn?! The "no Obama" thing cracked me up - I will have to tell that to Ry, he will get a kick out of it! :) I love being able to see pictures of your cute family & read your stories! I miss you girl! :)

(me)linda said...

Whoa smarty pants! :) She's so cute!