Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Pumpkin Patch Field Trips

We have been so lucky this year. We've been able to go to the pumpkin patch 3 times. The first time was for Elley's preschool, it was pouring down rain that morning. We all met at the entrance of the farm and when Elley's teacher got there she gave all the parents the option of rescheduling because of the rain.....WHAT? Do you even know where I'm from? You never reschedule for rain in Washington. So, while all the preschool parents and kids left, Elley, Molly and I went in. After all, I promised Elley a pumpkin! It was wet, it was muddy, and it was fun. The preschool feild trip was rescheduled for the next day....so yes, we went 2 days in a row!


picking out the perfect pumpkin




We loved the animals






the corn box and cow rides. Molly loved the cow ride until it actually started moving, and then she screamed.....lucky mommy got to ride with her!









The 3rd time we went was with our preschool co-op group from church. I love the fall and everything that goes along with it.



We also brought along our friend Ella. Ella use to come to our house everyday and I think Elley is going through withdrawls!




Instead of a pumpkin, Molly found this beauty and wouldn't put it down. This little gourd stayed in her arms until we got to the car. It was cute seeing her carry that thing around.





The corn box.





2 comments:

Tawnya said...

We also did the traditional pumpkin patch trip last night. I wish we could have gone with you guys! We showed up and it was starting to rain and no one else was willing to venture out so we were the only ones out in the patch as well. Too funny. Lucy also picked out a squash instead of a pumpkin. Gotta love Halloween. And Maggie's pictures turned out so gorgeous!!!

Camey said...

How fun! I am always the lucky one to ride with my kids either. My oldest is actually less indepent then my youngest...well my used to be youngest. So you do a preschool with church, like joy school? and she goes to a place as well?