
So, after that post about missing my mom I just wanted to say that I have the best Dad in the whole world. My mom died 4 months before I had Elley and my dad took 2 months out of his life to come and stay with me. He cooked, cleaned, held the baby and made sure I had everything I ever needed. I was sure spoiled! There's one thing that I will never forget him saying to me, something that brought great comfort to me. Elley was a tough labor and delivery. I had to work very hard to get her out and finally in the end the doctor had to help her out with a vacuum. After all was done and we were back in our room I was telling my dad about the hard time I had. And while holding Elley and looking down at her he said "Your mom just wasn't ready to let her come yet, she must of had a hold of her feet."
And now, with this baby a few weeks away, he will be here on Wednesday to help this time around. Elley sure loves him and is excited for him to come. It sure makes it nice not having to worry about who will take care of her when the time comes. This time he will be staying until the 1st of the year. Hopefully I wont become to dependent on him so when the time comes for him to leave I will be able to cope on my own!!
He really is one of a kind, one of the best people I know. He is always giving to others and never asks for anything in return.(except for an occasional foot rub) He really is the best example of service, one that I try and follow. You will never hear him complain, even in his darkest hours. I love you Dad and I'm so excited for you to get here this week!!!
3 comments:
Yah for dads. You are so lucky to have him there for so long. The extra help will really be great :)..for you and for him. Dad's are the best!!!
I'm excited for him to come too...and that baby!
So sorry that Elley is not feeling so hot. (I guess IS feeling so hot would be more accurate.) It's so hard playing the guessing game of what could be wrong. Those times tend to make me really grateful for the Spirit and my inborn motherly intuition. I'm so glad Heavenly Father knew we'd need help raising his little ones. Hopefully she'll get feeling better here real quick.
Game night is ON for next weekend though! On like Donkey Kong! You're goin' down! I totally LET you guys win last time. You know it's true.
You are one lucky girl having the parents that you do! Love your dad..he's our 3rd Grandpa remember!! Jocelyn loved him as we all did!
Post a Comment